Saturday, August 24, 2013

A LOT has happened....

There is a lot to of exciting news to catch up on since the last post. Near the end of July, Andrew and I graduated with our bachelor's degrees in Exercise Science and Early Childhood/Special Education from Brigham Young University-Idaho. We were able to walk across the stage to get our diplomas together which was a really neat experience. There is no other person than my best friend, Andrew, who I would have wanted to share that experience with. We were blessed to have several family come to support us and be there to share that special experience.


A few days before graduation, Andrew's parents and my mom flew out to Idaho to help us finish up packing and spend some time with us. It was such a blessing to have them there and help us. I don't know what I would have done without their help. The day after graduation, we got up and started the big move out to Georgia. It was a three day drive with two cars and our U-Haul. We are grateful for my dad who drove with us back to Georgia, and it was such a huge help.



I had previously applied for jobs at elementary schools out in Georgia, and I took a full-time paraprofessional position at Kemp where my mom also works. I started work a week after we got to Georgia, so I stay really busy. I am in a Preschool in the morning and then help in a Kindergarten classroom in the afternoon. Getting this job really was a blessing in our lives, and I love that I get to work with these adorable children and amazing coworkers throughout the week. Andrew starts Chiropractic school at Life University in October, and we are so excited for that big step he has taken in what he wants to do in life. We were able to tour the campus together before I started work, and it got us even more excited! It is a four year program, so we will be out in Georgia for at least that long. Until he starts school, he is working for my dad at the GSU bookstore and helping with our new family business (shaved ice truck). Currently, we are living with my parents until things are settled and we are able to look for a place to live out here.


All of this isn't even the biggest news we have to share.... We found out at the end of May that we are expecting our first baby!! Originally the due date was February 6th, but it was just changed to January 30th. We couldn't be more excited for this new adventure in our lives. We feel blessed to have the opportunity to raise one of Heavenly Father's children on this earth. We found out last week that we are expecting a BOY. I had a feeling it was going to be a boy and Andrew thought it would be a girl, but he is ecstatic to have a boy first. So far, I have had a very mild pregnancy and hopefully now I don't jinx (sp?) it. I haven't gotten sick and really just get tired after work but that is it.

This was the announcement we posted on Facebook, Instagram, and shared with our family to announce that we were expecting. The only people that really knew until this was shared was our immediate family. 

This is just proof that it was really difficult for me to get in and out of that tree for the picture. Andrew practically had to push me all of the way up there and it was quite the work out. The picture turned out though, so it was worth it.

Andrew has this amazing skill of being able to stick his stomach out super far, so this was a fun picture my mom took when we were working on our announcement.

This was shared with our friends and family after we found out we were going to have a boy. We didn't expect to find out this early, but we also thought I was only 14 weeks maybe 15 when we went in for our appointment. After the appointment, we ordered a pizza since it was our night for dinner at the Douglas home and had them spell out boy on the pizza. Then, when we all sat down for dinner my parents found out it was boy. They are so excited for their first grandbaby.

Overall, we are certainly blessed with everything that has happened in our lives the past month. There have been and will continue to be new and exciting changes in our lives. It is crazy we have almost been married for two years, and there is no other place I would rather be than where I am in my life right now. I have a great husband who loves and supports me and this new baby, wonderful family who gives us their unconditional love, and great friends.

No comments: