Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Birthdays and Babbling Baby

There is much going on around here, and Dean has changed SO much just within the past few weeks. The weather is beautiful now, and we are spending more time outside. Dean loves to go on walks with me in the mornings and stare at all the green trees. I forgot how gorgeous Georgia is in the summer!

Andrew is still busy in school and working the family shaved ice truck, but he only has two more weeks left and then a 3 WEEK BREAK! I think I may be more excited for his breaks than he is. This just means that the next two weeks will be rough on me, because he really has to buckle down and study for finals. Yuck!
I was running errands with Dean and came home to find Andrew in the emu studying!
Being a mom is hard! I love my baby, but I don’t think I mentally prepared myself for how hard it would be and how little sleep I would get. Dean wakes up way too much in the middle of the night acting hungry and doesn't ever seem to sleep in long enough. There are times where I just lose my patience, but then when I see him smile at me my heart just melts. It truly is so worth it! There is nothing else I could see myself doing than to be at home with him.
Dean has started to talk and laugh. It is so fun to watch! His real personality is starting to show. He still hasn't rolled over yet which we work on almost every day. He is a good nap taker and still a great eater. We also moved Dean into his crib a few weeks ago and the transition was very easy. I made his crib set with the help of my cousin Tiffany, my mom and my friend Anne.
First time laying in his crib :) Haven't gotten a picture with all of the bedding on it yet...
Dean really likes to get out of the house and go places. It makes it really nice, so we take him anywhere. We went to his second movie which wasn't as intense, more baseball games and to the pool. We are hoping to go to Visalia, California this summer to spend some time with Andrew’s family, so I am hoping that Dean does well. If anyone has tips, that would be much appreciated.
The water was a little too cold for Dean, so he didn't stay in it for very long. He sure looked cute in his new swimsuit though.
Watching Uncle Dyson play baseball with Mommy

The past few weeks, Andrew and I celebrated both of our birthdays. Andrew’s birthday was on Mother’s Day, so we celebrated his the Saturday before by going bowling and out to eat. He got a lot of hunting clothes for his birthday since that has become his new hobby. Mother’s day was special! Andrew spoiled me with a great breakfast, spa package, and delicious dinner. I am so grateful for a loving husband that makes me feel appreciated. For my birthday, I went shopping and out to dinner. It really hit me that there are no days off as a mom. I am used to relaxing on my birthday, and this year I spent the day doing laundry and watching Dean. I still love it though J
Helping Dad open his Birthday gifts

I just recently realized that it is so important to go out as a couple. When Dean was a newborn, I hated leaving him. We probably went on only one date for those first three months and even then I rushed through dinner to get home to see my baby. Andrew is great and plans dates for us! I am always hesitant to go, but I always have a good time and feel like we reconnect on those dates. One of our fun dates a few weeks ago was to a Braves game (which was the longest I have left Dean so far). We had great seats and had so much fun. I hope we continue to go on dates on a regular basis.
18 rows up from Home Plate... Can't get much better than that
 It is super nice having my parents so close to watch Dean for us, and they always seem so willing to have their sweet grandbaby all to themselves. I also am glad we are close to my family, so we don’t miss the big events that have happened in the last month. My brothers went to prom and Cade graduated from high school. We are all in Georgia so it is fun to see everyone when we get together.



I love my little family and the fun times that we have shared as a unit. We continue to progress and enjoy watching Dean grow!
Friday Movie Night



No comments: