Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Beach, Michelin Baby, and Father's Day


This past week, Dean and I were able to drive down to Perdido Key, Florida to spend some time on the beach with Granny, Cade, Dyson and friends. It was last minute, but my mom needed help driving down all of Cade’s friends for his graduation vacation. Andrew couldn’t go, even though we wanted him to badly, because he had finals that week and needed to study. I was a little nervous going without him.


Dean did great on the drive down there and only cried for about ten minutes the last hour of the drive. He was so happy to get out of the car seat when we got to the beautiful condo at Beach Colony. The next day, we went on the beach to see how he would respond. I must say he looked so precious in his swimsuit, hat and glasses. I think it was a little too much for him with the wind, loud noise, water and sand. He just stared at the water with a curious expression on his face, but every time I dipped his toes in he would cry.

The beach here is so clean and amazing!
Swimming with Uncle Cade

Not so sure he liked the sand....
I love his face in this picture. He doesn't really know what to think,
We then thought if we tried the pool he would like it better. The water wasn’t too cold, so I got in with him. He cried every time he was put in the water again. After trying for a couple of times, I gave up and we went back into the condo. He took a nice bath in the sink (where we took a picture and realized he is the Michelin Baby) which he loved, and we both took a nice nap.

This little chunkers has been compared to the Michelin man several times now, so my Uncle posted this picture on our family photo circle. I have to admit I can see the similarities. This smile is Dean's new smile he does all the time, and we love it!
We tried again the next day to see if he would go into the pool. I timed it better this time and waited until right after he woke up from a nap and had eaten. He was a happy baby and loved it. He didn’t cry once and just stared at the water and played with some toys. I think it was the fact that we didn’t take him out to the ocean which got him all rattled like the last time.

After spending two full days in Florida, we drove home the next day. He did amazing on the drive back (not crying at all… I have an angel baby). We stopped for lunch, and Dean was so thrilled to be out of his car seat. We were both excited to see Andrew/Dad since we had missed him on our trip.

Since Andrew missed the trip, we went to the pool when we got back to see if Dean would love it for Andrew this time. He did, so now I hope we have a little swimmer like Andrew.



This weekend was Father’s Day and Andrew was able to celebrate it. I made breakfast in the morning (pastries fruit, and smoothies) and we had a great time at church. Dean is so fun to watch at church and loves to smile at everyone. After church, we had BBQ spared ribs and cake. We opened presents and Dean got his Dad a gun case and a cute camo shirt for him to wear. He also got a portable phone charger since his phone dies all the time at school.


Andrew unfortunately couldn’t relax all day because he has more finals this week. He is busy studying this week, but I get my husband back next week which I couldn’t be more excited for! We are going out to California on the 25th and we are both so excited to see his family. Andrew has THREE WEEKS off!

Update on Dean: He can now (sorta) sit in a grocery cart. We put him in one while in Florida for a couple of minutes at the grocery store. The past few days he has grown a lot. He fits in some 9 month clothes. Holy Cow! He is so interactive and smiles at everyone. We can't get enough of this little chunkers.


No comments: