Saturday, September 6, 2014

3 Day Weekend & 3 Year Anniversary


So my baby is now seven months old! This is just craziness! I don't think moms are told while pregnant how fast time flies... Maybe people told me, but I just didn't realize it until now. I feel like he was just born, but also this stage seems to have lasted a long time. He has been in his nine months clothes since he was about 5 months (which is the longest he has been in one size) and looks somewhat the same to me. He is looking a lot more like his Daddy though.

Dean is so fun and such a happy baby. He makes everyone smile when we go places by smiling his cheesy grin. We love it! He is eating little snacks and things which is nice when we are on the go. His last doctor's appointment, he was in the 50th percentile for height and 75th for weight. He is losing some chub :(


Some new milestones he has hit:
     Attempting to crawl... can go from sitting up to falling on his stomach if he wants something
     Waves bye bye
     Says dada
     Drinks from a sippy cup
     Picks up bite sized food (can't get it to his mouth yet)
Unfortunately, he still isn't sleeping through the night, but we have gone for five or six hour stretches at night. We will get there slowly but surely... Getting up with him still seems doable for me, so I haven't completely reached my peak.

A little something that has really been hard for me to deal with recently... Since Dean was about three months old I have noticed he has a flat spot on the side of his head. I realized it was from the way he slept at night (always favoring that side). I would go in the middle of night to shift his head the other direction, but no matter what I did (more tummy time, putting toys on the other side, etc.) the flat spot was still there. I had mentioned it to our pediatrician since he was about three months old, and he kept telling me it was no big deal and it would correct itself. Well at our last appointment a week or so ago, he finally gave me a referral to get it looked at by a specialist after nagging him so much. We went to get it checked out, and they put this tight nylon thing on his head and did some type of scan on him. Dean was great of course at the doctor's and just smiled as they took pictures while looking ridiculous. 


According to the specialist, he needs a helmet to help reshape his head. That day was so emotional for me... Inside I had a feeling he might need a helmet, but once it was said I had a really hard time with it. You want your child to be perfect and don't want him to go through anything uncomfortable. We will see what the future holds in our next appointment to fit the helmet, and I will be keeping Dean in my prayers to help the situation be a smooth as possible so I don't have an emotional breakdown.
Labor Day weekend was awesome! We really had a good time and kept ourselves busy. That Friday, I went with a friend and her little boy to the Georgia Aquarium. Dean loved looking at all the people and the fish. It was his first time there, and we will have to go again when Andrew can join us sometime. On Saturday, Andrew and I went to hike Kennesaw Moutain Battlefield and get a traditional southern breakfast (biscuits... yum!). On Monday, we celebrated my Mom's birthday and went shopping at the outlets. Dean did amazing and loves to go places. We went out to eat at Jim n' Nicks and just had a really good time with the family.




A few nights ago, Andrew and I celebrated our third Anniversary. I can't believe we have been married for three years... We have had a lot of changes in the past three years (two degrees, one big move, a baby, and lots more). I more in love with my man now than ever, and I know our love will just continue to grow. It makes me even happier knowing I can spend the rest of forever with him.


To celebrate we went out for sushi that night and then went to a movie. A few minutes into the movie, the theater lost power from a crazy storm! We had to leave the theater because they couldn't get it back on. It is one we will never forget








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Liked your blog. Good to hear what's going on with you guys. Hope to see you guys sooner than later. Jeremy and Amanda