Thursday, May 28, 2015

Come What MAY & Love It

I am going to attempt to catch up on everything that has been going on in our lives the past two months. Last I posted, we were celebrating Easter and things have changed a lot since then, especially Dean. Dean is doing several new fun things and we are really loving this new age. He is doing so many fun things now:

  • folding his arms for the prayer
  • helping with chores around the house (usually takes me twice the time, but glad to have a helper)
  • climbing and getting into everything
  • talking lots more 
  • can say most animal noises
  • makes funny faces
  • knows how to get us to laugh (I seriously laugh every day!)
  • playing more independently
  • expressing what he wants
  • colors
I am sure I am missing something, but he is just so smart and fun! We love watching him play and get into everything. This age is a lot more interactive and he understands everything we say. 

His new facial expressions are hilarious!
I am in trouble... we block off the stairs, and he is such a determined child that he figured out another way to climb the stairs. I am in trouble... at least he is smart :)

This summer, we have been outside a lot (except the past week because Dean has been sick and it has been raining). Dean loves playing outside on his playground, mowing the lawn, drawing with chalk and helping mom water the garden. We continue to go the ball games for Uncle Dyson and going to the zoo with friends and family.




I decided to end on a high note, so I will tell you the difficulties this past month before the good stuff. My dog, Duke, that I have had in my life since I was 9 passed away a couple of weeks ago. It was the hardest thing for my family and I to do. He truly was like my other brother. He was getting old, had several tumors, couldn't go upstairs, was throwing up white foamy stuff, struggled breathing, and had slowly stopped eating. Well with all of that said, we decided as a family after much prayer and talking that we should put him down. I will forever remember that difficult day... We all sat in the room watching and crying our eyes out as Duke took his last breath. It was truly one of the most difficult things I have ever been through. Duke was my little buddy to have around the house with Dean and I when every one was gone for work. He would come downstairs with us, Dean always shared his food, and I felt safer knowing he was home. After he was gone, I would cry when Dean would throw food on the floor waiting for Duke to come pick it up after lunch or when I didn't hear him walking around upstairs or when I didn't have to let him go outside. Dean truly loves dogs and loved giving Duke hugs and petting him. Right now, I can't imagine getting another dog with him so young and the sadness that will eventually come with a dog, but with Dean and Andrew's love of dogs it may just happen.
The day we got Duke on Christmas

an older picture of Duke and I sleeping



The past month, we have celebrated Andrew's birthday and Mother's Day. For Andrew's birthday, I surprised him with a paint class the weekend before with some friends of ours that he had no idea about. I have decided I am definitely not has talented as Andrew is in that department, but it was still relaxing. On his actual birthday we went to dinner as a family and came home for presents, cake and ice cream. I am so lucky to have Andrew in my life, and I appreciate that we get to celebrate his birthday! 



The day before Andrew's birthday was Mother's Day. It was nice that it wasn't on the same day as Andrew's birthday this year. Andrew made me some delicious breakfast, we had a nice time at church, and then we spent some quality time as a family. Andrew also made an amazing dinner for my family and I followed by a yummy dessert. I am grateful that my husband is a great cook so I can be spoiled on Mother's Day! I am especially grateful for my opportunity to be a mom! When I was younger, that was always what my goal in my life was. I knew I wanted to be a stay at home mom, and although it is hard for me to do that while Andrew is in school, I am glad that he sees the importance in it and encourages me to do so as well. I want to be the one there when Dean falls to comfort him, to teach him new words, to read him stories, etc. He loves me and I love him! I have never felt closer to my Heavenly Father than I have being a mom! 
I am one blessed Mama!



No comments: