Friday, July 11, 2014

California Trip

Andrew and I were lucky enough to be able to fly to California to see his family this summer before Andrew starts school on Monday. We spent two weeks out there, and flew into San Francisco. Dean did amazing on the flight there- only crying the last few minutes of the flight because of his ears. We spent a day in San Francisco, which I had never been to before, and had a great time with his family who met us down there.  We drove around the city, hung out on Pier 39 and went to Ghirardelli square. Super tasty!





Dean was able to meet Andrew’s family while we were there and loved them. He loved playing with his cousins! I am sure he really misses having all of them around to see and play with now that it is just Andrew and I.

Andrew had Dean on his shoulders, and cousin Gwen said "I want him in mine hair too"

We were there for the Fourth of July and had an amazing day! We played games, cooked fried chicken, went to the pool and watched fireworks. Dean slept through most of the fireworks but woke up for the last few and just stared at them. For dessert we made yummy fruit pizza like an American flag which my nieces helped me make.


Our beautiful new cousin Tilly who is 4 months younger than Dean



While on the trip, we saw friends and family and relaxed during Andrew break. We went to the pool a lot which Dean grew to love and went to all of our favorite restaurants out there.  I was able to go to my sister in laws classes at the gym and had fun doing that.

Dean changed so much while on our trip. He is now almost six months old!!! How is it is possible for my baby to be halfway to a year old?!? While in CA, he learned to sit up on his own for a short period of time, had two teeth pop through. He grabs everything, especially if it is in my hand while holding him. He is talking so much and has a fake cry now… He still can’t roll over but is SO close. His naps are starting to last longer, and he is so easy to get to sleep. The only way he sleeps now is by pulling the blankets over his face. I wish he slept through the night though… still working on that one. Oh and we started giving him rice cereal which he is still getting used to. He makes a face when he eats it like he is not a fan, but then after a couple of bites he will eat it (I think he still is getting used to the texture).




We made it safely back to Atlanta, and already miss seeing the cousins and family our in California. We hope we see them sooner rather than later. 


No comments: