Thursday, July 31, 2014

So Many Changes in Six Months

 I can’t believe how much Dean has changed the past few weeks. Babies change so quickly, so I need to remember to treasure each stage Dean is in because it only lasts for so long. Shortly after we got back from California, Andrew and I went on a date to Six Flags which was so much fun and then Andrew started another quarter at Life. I had to readjust to him being gone all day long and studying at nights which I am just now getting used to it again. Dean and I sure miss him, and as soon as Dean hears his Daddy’s voice he has to stop what he is doing to find him and then gives him a huge smile. I love watching Andrew and Dean together. He is the best Dad!
Our Six Month Old
Let me just list all of the changes Dean has had in the past few weeks:

·         Loves to jump in his jumper

·         Holds a bottle by himself
·         Drinks from a sippy cup (mainly just likes to play with it and occasionally drink)
·         Is better at eating baby food with a spoon (and loves to help)

·         Started eating vegetables
(This was his first time eating carrots, and he made so many funny faces
but would open his mouth wanting more)
·         Sits on his own (but we have to stay close, because he hasn’t quite mastered it)

·         Rolls over (knows how to, but does it very rarely)
·         Scoots about an inch when on his stomach by pushing his toes on the floor
·         Plays in his exersaucer
·         Notices our dog and loves to pet him
·                (Dean knows if he puts his hand in front of Duke’s mouth, he will lick it. Dean will just giggle when he           does and thinks it is so fun. I always have to wash his hands right after though…)

·         Plays in the bath tub
·         Lifts his hands when he wants to be held
·         Taking longer naps (went from 30 minute ones to an hour and a half)
S    Pulls the blankets over his face when sleeping

      Likes to be laid down to go to sleep (no longer likes to be rocked)
·         Grab things in his diaper organizer like Desitin while changing his diaper and then giggles when I take it away
·         Loves swimming and chilling in his new floatie

\



I am sure I forgetting some things, but it is crazy how much he has changed. I would love to add to the list sleeping through the night but it hasn't happened yet. I know some of that is my fault for allowing him to eat the one or two times he wakes up in the middle of the night. I hate to hear him cry and he also is very snuggly at night. During the day he is too busy playing, rarely does he want to snuggle me. 

We truly are blessed to have Dean in our life, and we love him so much. I am so happy that Andrew is such a hard worker and is in school to help provide for our family. We can’t wait until he is done with school and we start our new adventure, but we try to enjoy this adventure (it goes by so fast). It makes it easy when Dean is the happiest baby ever! 

No comments: