You how some months seem to go better than others? I feel like our lives go through stages like a wave if that makes sense and some times you are high and doing great and everything is easy. Others times you are struggling had nothing seems to be going your way. Well... We are on the lower part of the wave right now (in my opinion, you ask Andrew and he might say differently). Everything has been going great since Colby was 4 months, but just the last few weeks have been hard on me.
Colby is now seven months (I haven't taken his 7 month picture yet). He is a great baby! He is mellow and is now eating baby food which I have been making myself and love doing it! He is scoots and rolls for everything and is sitting up by himself. He is pretty quiet (especially compared to Dean). Since Sunday, he is been a little sick and not himself. He had a slight fever and wasn't sleeping,.. He is much better now. He is a terrible sleeper (which may be why I am struggling...). Since we have been to Utah he is in a habit of sleeping in bed with me and wakes up very frequently. I need to get the courage to stop the habit and sleep train him.
The end of July we went and spent a day at the lake. Andrew loved wakeboarding (I love watching him) and the boys all swam in the lake. Dean loves the water and Colby slept for the most part on the boat. It was a lot of fun.
We continue to go to Life's student clinic for Andrew to adjust us. I really have seen an amazing difference in the boys when they are being adjusted on a regular basis. We get sick a lot less than the times we aren't adjusted on a regular basis. Dean is really good at letting Andrew adjust him (Colby will get there...). Andrew has one more quarter of classes and then in January he will start his internship... We don't know if we will leave Georgia for that or what we will do when he graduates in March. It makes me nervous thinking about it, but it is also exciting. We have been researching a lot of places we may want to live or what our plans might be. One of the reasons I think I might be having a hard time is how little Andrew seems to have been around (mainly because of school). He has maybe had three weekends off this whole quarter (which means no weekends for me really either). We are almost there though!!!
We went to a Braves game recently and the boys loved it. We had great seats (thanks to my dad) and Andrew caught a foul ball! Dean was so proud! There was so much exciting stuff for Colby to look at so he was entertained. We love baseball!
The first weeks of August we tried to spend as much time with Dyson as we could. He was leaving for a mission the middle of August, and I knew Dean was going to miss him terribly. We spent a day and went to the Coke museum downtown and then went to Centennial park.
The day before Dyson was going to leave we went to the pool and he swam with the boys. He is such a great uncle to them, and they love him so much.
The little boys and I flew out to Utah to take Dyson to the MTC with my parents. The travel there was a little rough with a cancelled flight and waiting at the airport all day. The way back I guess wasn't any easier with a red eye with two exhausted kids. We are very grateful to have gone out there to spend more time with Dyson and see family.
I was super glad that our family out west got to meet Colby. Nobody really had met him so it was fun for everyone to meet sweet little man. He loved his Grandma Lyon who we stayed with during our trip.
This was extremely hard! Dean especially has such an attachment to his Uncle Dyson. We are very excited for him and this new journey he is begun. When we first got home, Dean was asking where Dyson was all the time! He was confused because his car was here but her never saw him. This confusion lasted for maybe two weeks. Someone told me it is harder for a toddler to deal with loss because they have the feelings of missing him but aren't mature enough to understand it. He doesn't understand Dyson will be back or what two years even means. This is one of the reasons why I think he has struggled.
Labor day weekend I stayed home with the boys. Andrew had the weekend off from school and went with my Dad to Louisiana to help the flood victims. I am grateful for what a service oriented man he is. It was a great experience and one he will remember forever. He even had some real gumbo while he was there. Our 5th anniversary was that Saturday, and he was super sweet and sent flowers to the house. I love that man! It's hard to believe it is 5 years! We celebrated when he got back by going to nice, relaxing dinner.
Dean started joy school this month where we rotate houses and teachers with the moms of two of his friends. We learn letters and other fun stuff. He loved the first time we went and it is just once a week. It is nice for me to get some one on one time with Colby those days. I think it is also good that Dean and I get a break from each other. I love him so much, but these days he is harder for me to handle. I don't know if it is terrible twos, but he is terrible listener and I feel like argues with me more than he ever has... I don't know what to do with him. But how could you not love such a cute face?!? He is talker and makes us laugh every day. He is getting so big to me and knows some words or says some things that I feel like normal two year olds don't say. He is smart for his age. He loves his brother (sometimes aggressively too much) and is my little helper these days. He loves to be in the kitchen helping me make treats or dinner and I love it! He is relapsing on potty training, but we will work on it.
Overall, I am ready for fall and cooler weather. I am excited for the upcoming holidays! They will be so much fun with these two adorable boys. They drive me nuts, but even when I am away I miss them ten minutes later and love them to pieces.
No comments:
Post a Comment