Tuesday, October 11, 2016

See ya Summer!

So happy to see Summer go and Fall arrive! The cooler weather is so nice and I love doing fun fall things with the boys. It also means I get to lots of fun Halloween things with Dean! Fall might be our favorite season. We ended summer with trips to the zoo and the Botanical gardens along with lots of time outside. I have been baking a lot, and Dean is my best little helper in the kitchen. I hope he never outgrows it! He even cracks the eggs for me (it's his favorite thing to do). Dean also started Joy school in September with two of his friends. It is so fun to teach a little and use what I went to school for! It makes me really miss teaching and planning lessons. One day I hope to do it again once my kids are older.



To start off fall, you can't not go to the North Georgia state fair. We rode some rides, met up with some friends there, ate the delicious greasy food, and watched a sea lion show. Dean got to wear his cool new boots which he loves! Dean's favorite part was riding the horse, but he also enjoyed riding rides with his friend Jace. He liked them much more this year.


Andrew had a really busy end of the quarter, so I was ecstatic for him to be around more during his Fall break. He was gone most weekends... He took his boards also so he was busy studying for those the past couple of months. I am glad he is a hard working man, but I am even more happy that he takes time (even if it's just 15 minutes) to spend with his family during his crazy busy school times. He is still in student clinic. We go in regularly and Dean likes to pretend to be Daddy sometimes and check out necks. Maybe we have a future chiropractor on our hands?!?


Andrew finished his second to last quarter of classes!!! Then we headed off to to the beach. Our friends Parker and Tammie invited us to the beach with their adorable three boys. Dean loves playing with them so it was perfect. They also are finishing up at Life. We drove down to Panama City and spent a couple days there. All we did was play at the beach all day and it was perfect. Dean already loves the beach, so we were anxious how Colby would react. To say he loved it would be an understatement. He would have played in the sand all day if we let him and the water didn't even bother him. He loved the waves and playing in the water! Glad our boys love the beach like us. It was a much needed and relaxing getaway with great friends.








Colby continues to grow! He is 8 months now... When did that happen! He isn't crawling on his hands and knees but he doesn't let that stop him from moving all around the house. He uses his one arm to army crawl around the whole house. He is now holding himself up on his hands and knees so it will probably be within the next few weeks when we will have a full on crawler at our house (never had one of those before because Dean never did so I am pretty anxious haha). He baby talks so much more and waves bye bye. He eats baby food but I have started to give him some of what we are eating at the table. Dean continues to be the best big brother to him and loves to play with him. They look for each other all the time, and when Colby is sleeping Dean can't wait until he wakes up! I love their relationship!


No comments: