Thursday, November 10, 2016
Busy Fall
This month has been really busy, and I have so many pictures to post. We did so many fun fall things in October beginning early! Usually we wait until the last minute to do something fallish but this time worked out perfectly. We went to the Still Family Farm by our house and Dean loved it! There were fun slides, a corn maze, a hay ride, and a little water pump game he loved. I went back a couple times this month. I also did lots of Halloween crafts with him this year since he is older and interested in those a little more.
Dean actually had a say in what he wanted to be this year now that he is old enough. He loves anything Toy Story (luckily there are three of those movies, or I would go crazy watching the same one over and over), so he wanted to be Buzz Lightyear. He also said he wanted Colby to be Woody! It was perfect and totally cute. We went to try on the costume, and he face was beaming when he had it on! He really felt like the real Buzz Lightyear. I ordered Woody pajamas for Colby since I didn't want to spend the money on a costume he would only wear once.
At our Ward Trunk 'o Treat, Dean's friend Amaya joined us and he was so excited. Andrew and I were Mr. and Mrs. Potato head, and Andrew did a great job decorating our trunk like Andy's room.
The weekend before Halloween, my mom and I threw a surprise birthday party for my Dad's 50th. He ended up finding out about it, but we still had a fun Broncos themed party.
My brother Blake flew in to surprise my Dad for his birthday and to take the boys trick o' treating with me. Dean loved trick o' treating this year and was so fun to watch. Colby just hung out in the wagon and ate suckers. I am sure he enjoyed Halloween as well haha. The highlight of Dean's night was probably when he walked passed a man dressed like the real Darth Vader. Dean was speechless and just kept saying "hi" to him instead of focusing on walking up to the house. Later, he gave him a high five, and that is what he talked about when you asked him how trick o' treating was.
A few days before Halloween, we found out sadly that Andrew's Grandpa had passed away. Andrew has always been close to his grandpa and has a special place in his heart for him. The weekend before Halloween (who was already planning on flying out and just extended his trip) went out to California to surprise her and celebrate her birthday. Then, he and all his siblings drove up for the funeral. It was so special to have all of the family there I am sure. Grandpa Haddock was the sweetest man and a great example to all of us, especially Andrew. We will miss him, but we know we will see him again! We also cherish the time we recently spent with him when he came to Georgia for Colby's baby blessing.
Colby is now 9 months which is crazy to me! He has changed so much this past month. He now has three teeth, almost four! He moved around everywhere army crawling and pulling up to things. He wants to be so big like his brother and is determined to be. He is so happy and has the sweetest spirit about him. Dean has really been a great big brother, and now that Colby is older they interact so much! I am glad they are close because they love each other!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment