Thursday, December 15, 2016

Thanksgiving to the Beginning of Christmas

We have really been enjoying the Holiday's around here and have kept ourselves extremely busy. I will try to keep this short since I have lots of things I need to be doing... (like packing for our move to Nashville... did I mention we are moving there?). For Thanksgiving, my mother in law, Grandma Haddock, came to visit us. Dean LOVED having her here and was her little shadow. We loved spending Thanksgiving with her and having a small little Thanksgiving dinner, watching Macy's day parade, and Black Friday shopping. While she was here, we also went to the Botanical Gardens to look at their Christmas lights which are amazing!




We have been preparing for Christmas and doing lots of fun Christmasy things with the boys. The first weekend in December we went to stay at Blue Ridge where we road a train with Santa. It was the cutest little train ride with Christmas characters coming to visit. Dean's favorite was the Grinch (surprisingly). Santa visits every child on the train and gives them a bell. We had a fun weekend in Blue Ridge with the boys and my parents.




The next weekend, Andrew and I went up to Nashville with Colby while Dean stayed with Granny and Papa. We looked at houses and spent time with some friends up there. We found a little townhome we will be moving to shortly after Christmas. We are very excited to have our own place but will miss being close to family. While we were gone, Dean sure was spoiled by his Granny and Papa.

Dean and his friends Jace and Cade finished their last joy school this week which is sad. I loved doing it and Dean will sure miss his little buddies in Georgia. It is sad to have to say goodbye to such amazing friends here in Georgia when we move.


Dean also had to get tubes put in his ears this week. We have noticed his hearing hasn't been good the past few months, so we took him in to get tested awhile ago. He has mild hearing loss because of fluid build up in ears. His speech has also been impacted by this. He went in for surgery December 15th and was grumpy and screamed while they were taking him back to get put to sleep. He was grumpy when he woke up as well, but shortly after he was back to his normal, happy self. we have already noticed a difference in the way he hears.



Well... I hope I can post a short one after Christmas before things get crazy, but my next update will probably be when we are living in Nashville. We are excited for Christmas with both boys and for the time we will spend with family. Happy Holiday's everyone!

No comments: